Here's the sixth patch in the Build-a-Driver series for MCP9808.
(If this post seems out of context, please refer to "Build-a-Driver Introduction" post.)
mcp9808: this version contains miscellaneous clean ups
- Removed the check on channel type in *read_raw.
- checkpatch strict checks for alignment of parameters with open parenthesis.
- A few comments edited or added, including required comment on the mutex.
- Put a comma after final enum, it's a style/parsing thing apparently
- Removed the dev_info's when checking device identification as they are likely to be labelled as noise in review. Used #defines for Manuf & Device id, also something I noticed in other reviews.
- Set the INDIO_DIRECT_MODE I'd been callously ignoring ;)
- Nothing from sparse, smatch. Cocci-check I'm calling inconclusive, because I didn't seem to have the tool working correctly. I may try cocci-check again.
Labels: Build-a-Driver, IIO Driver, MCP9808