Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!  I'm Alison Schofield and these are my adventures as an Outreachy Intern for Linux IIO (Industrial I/O). I live in Hood River, Oregon with my husband and 4 boys.  I left the computer industry 13 years ago to raise a family.    I'm back now and armed with a handful of sensors (thanks Daniel!)

I chose Linux and IIO because I absolutely love the work that it leads me to do each day.  I need to get to the bottom of things and love gadgets.  I see all that in the Industrial I/O system.

Here we go...

Update - September 2016:
The Outreachy internship is officially over, but I'm still at it.  I'm continuing to study the IIO subsystem under the guise of being a mentor for Outreachy Round 13!  Now I get to do another favorite thing - teach!

Still going...

Update - April 2017:
Still having fun with sensors and the Outreachy program (Round 14 now).  Attended first conference - Open IoT and Embedded Linux in Portland.  It's a big IoT world out there and growing.  I'm actively seeking a paying gig now!!!